My Morning Makeup Routine

One of the things that have become more enjoyable for me over the past year is my makeup routine. I always felt like I was using a random conglomeration of products and I really had no clue what was in them or how they were affecting my body. Ever since I switched over to safer beauty and skin care products last year, I actually feel excited to put makeup on in the morning and get excited about taking good care of my skin with my skincare routine! I get a lot of questions on Instagram and in my inbox about my makeup routine, so I thought I'd outline it in a post!

I'm all about quick, easy, and natural looking makeup routine. I don't like heavy makeup but do like good coverage. I don't want a TON of products in order to look my best. I do want a simple routine that can be amped up for a night out!

I'm excited to share my daily makeup routine with you!

I'll do a separate post on skincare, but really quickly, I wash my face with this Rejuvinating cleanser, then prep with this face oil. Once that soaks in I apply my Nourishing Day Cream (below). It's light but moisturizing! It's a mix of organic coconut oil, safflower oil, and aloe to provide nourishing hydration, plus antioxidant-rich acai to protect against dry skin.



Once that's all settled into my skin, I apply my Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer. In the summer I might be able to get away with only using the Dew Skin, instead of both moisturizers, but it's winter...#imsodry ;) Dew Skin is one of my favorite product because it has spf20 in it (great for summer at the beach!), is a bit tinted, and is full of vitamin C which reduces the look of fine lines, firms the skin and brightens the skin. It's also the perfect base for my foundation, as it provides that dewy look.

Next up is my Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation! I've never used a liquid foundation before this one because I typically err on oily skin. I figured a liquid would make me more oily. Turns out I was wrong! This foundation is really lightweight but can be layered to create buildable coverage. It's also extremely hydrating (hence the name!) and is actually doing good things while it's on your skin, instead of clogging pores. Sodium hyaluronate, a natural moisture magnet, promotes smoother-looking skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. YES to all of those things!! I think this is one of the main reasons my skin is so much clearer since switching to Beautycounter.


I apply blush on the apples of my cheeks, all the way back to my ear. I love this blush because it has two shades in one...easily blendable or you can use one or the other! Mine is Tulip/Bloom combo.

After blush, I fill in my eyebrows, following their natural growth making sure to arch above the middle of my eye and extending the end of the brow past the end of the eye. If you need help learning how to fill in your brows, the video on this page does a great job at showing you! I use the Medium shade. If you don't fill in your brows and you have light brows, this could make a huge difference in your makeup routine. It does wonders for framing and defining your eyes!

Next, I curl my eyelashes with this curler and apply the Volumizing Mascara. It goes on smooth, doesn't clump and is a nice black color, without the harmful ingredients other companies use to get their formula black.


Finally (my favorite part!) I swipe on some color. Either a lip sheer (I love the Rose color for spring, seen to the right) or gloss. At night I apply the peppermint balm conditioner to keep my lips hydrated. It's so refreshing!


All of these things take me under 10 minutes to apply. And here's the thing, I feel really good about everything that's going on my skin! 

When I first started thinking about switching over my beauty products to ones with safer ingredients, I was most concerned about my moisturizer because it covered a big portion of my skin (our biggest organ)-- my entire face! Lots of eye and face creams are made with preservatives which can potentially release formaldehyde, causing immune system issues, among other things. Beautycounter's are all naturally preserved, some with phytic acid from green rice.

Next, I was worried about my lipsticks and glosses, considering sometimes it can actually get inside my mouth. Artificial fragrances are almost always found in lip products and can be a blend of ingredients that are not required to be disclosed by U.S. law and can include trace amounts of phthalates (potential endocrine disruptors). No thank you!! 

The last thing I was initially concerned with was my mascara since it's so close to another opening-- my eyes. Carbon black, a pigment used in mascaras to create the deep black color, has been linked to a range of adverse health effects, but Beautycounter's are naturally pigmented with naturally-occurring iron oxides. 

If any of the above products interest you, check out the Clean Swap promotion that's going on today and tomorrow at Beautycounter. When you purchase one of the Clean Swap products (Adaptive Moisture Eye Cream, Face Lotion, Mascara, Lip Sheers, Body Lotion, Shampoo/Conditioner or a face Mask) you get a FREE deluxe sample size of another product! I'd recommend trying the face oil or Adaptive Face Lotion as your sample :) Just wanted to throw that out there for you!

Let me know if you have any questions or need help color matching. Hopefully this helped give you a peek into my morning makeup routine. Let me know if you like this type of beauty post!

Happy Tuesday
xoxo



interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top