Sleek, White Client Kitchen Reveal

Hope you all had a great weekend! We were freezing our booties off at a winter retreat for the youth group at our church, but had so much fun! And to its credit, the snow was very beautiful! I just don't ever think I've experienced such cold temps for so many consecutive days. Phew! As Michigan is, there's a 50 degree day on the horizon and I'm so excited to be able to take Lincoln on a full neighborhood walk.

Anyways, after a day of rest and getting caught back up, I'm so excited to show you a recent client kitchen design that was completed! Since we all love a good Before & After, I'm including a few before shots so you can see what a transformation it really was!

This was actually an e-design client project for my cousin, her husband and their little family. They bought this house a few months before the reno started, knowing the kitchen would be a total gut. When I was home in California this past August, I headed over to look at the space, then came up with the following inspiration and design plan. Then when they were picking specific pieces out for the room, they would consult with me first before making decisions. With e-design, it's an affordable way for me to be involved and helping make sure the material selections go together, but without me being there to fully pick every single piece out. You get a custom look for less!

We ended up going with Edgecomb Gray by Benjamin Moore for all of the public spaces in the house, including the kitchen that you'll see here. I ALWAYS suggest my clients try a few paint swatches on multiple walls in the house before deciding, as typically the lighting is so different in the house. We realized Revere Pewter was too dark, so Edgecomb Gray it was! 

BEFORE: the kitchen was sectioned off from the dining room and had a pass-through-window, which was really dating the space and making it feel pretty small.

BEFORE: the cabinets were outdated and there wasn't a whole lot of counter space because of the configuration. 
AFTER: We blew out the wall and little pass-through-window to create an open-concept to the dining room. New cabinets, counters, appliances and a beautiful, sleek backsplash makes this kitchen feel fresh, bright and functional. By demoing the wall separating the two rooms, it gave us space for a huge peninsula with tons of counter space! We will be getting bar stools for the peninsula soon, of course!

BEFORE: outdated, two-toned cabinets (gotta love this look...ha!) and too-small and outdated light fixtures for the room.

AFTER: This part of the kitchen was reconfigured to house the range, nice upper cabinets that house the microwave and then some open shelving to add a touch of style. 

The backsplash is a really sleek, gray, ceramic subway tile. Behind the range we did a herringbone pattern with a thinner shaped subway tile to add some pattern and dimension, but kept the tiles in the same gray glaze, so that it was a subtle design feature. We went all the way up to the ceiling, past the hood, with this design to really make an impact.




The new hardware makes a huge impact on the kitchen! I always say hardware and lighting is like jewelry for your room. These knobs are from Restoration Hardware-- the Gilmore Knobs & Pulls. These are simple and classic. We chose to do knobs on the cupboards and pulls on drawers.




The pendant lighting can be found here. We'll be getting some stools in a gray or a bit darker color to pull the bronze tone from the pendants down to the floor.



Having a small section of open shelving lets the room breathe a bit and creates a fun space for you to have fun styling!

One of my favorite elements of the kitchen is the beautiful quartz countertops!


What a change, right?! The best part about all of this is that my cousin was actually giving birth to their second child while the backsplash and other finishing touches were being put in. So she arrived back home from the hospital to an (almost) completed kitchen! What a trooper.

Hope you enjoyed seeing a peek into one of my latest projects! I snapped these photos myself, since we didn't have long to get them taken, but that's why they're not as professional ;) Trying my best!
Happy Tuesday
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

3 comments

  1. This is beautiful! I love the addition of those floating shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of colour throughout! The lemons, le creuset dutch oven and cookbooks look to great against the all white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful. I'm sure they're thrilled with their new kitchen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top