In the Kitchen: Sugar Cookie Recipe





Do you guys have any traditions you do each year at the holidays? It could be making the same recipe every year, going to cut down your tree, looking at Christmas lights as a family, or opening pajamas on Christmas Eve. We did a lot of those I just mentioned! In fact, I still get a pair of PJs from my mom and dad every year (and they still say "from Santa" on the box!) One of my most memorable traditions was making sugar cookies with my grandma. Though we mostly did this when I was really young, perhaps through high school, I still think about it each year and remember my grandma telling me to "be careful not to eat much cookie dough, or else you'll get a stomach ache!" Sugar cookies are a simple and sweet dessert-- just how I like it! Here's the recipe we've always used:

Old Fashion Butter Sugar Cookies

Sift together:
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt​

Cream:
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
3/4 c. sugar

Add 1 egg to creamed mixture until incorporated
Add 2 Tbs cream or milk
Add 1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Slowly add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until the dough begins to come together. (Don't over beat)  Divide in half and shape into a round disk (approximately 3/4" thick)  Wrap in syran wrap.

Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.On a lightly floured surface roll the dough out to slightly less than 1/4" thick.

Use your favorite cookie cutter and place cutout onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Sprinkle with colored sugar (unless you plan to frost the cookies) and bake at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.

***

If you want a few other recipes, here are two I shared last year! Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss & White Chocolate Macadamia-- delicious!!

Happy baking!!
xoxo

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. Yes please! We may have to give these a go tomorrow with Lachlan :) See you later today my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top