Our Wedding Details


Ashley Slater Photography

"It's all in the details" -- that's what they say, right? I happen to believe this statement is true, especially when it comes to hosting a wedding, parties or showers. It's always the most meaningful and small details that guests seem to remember most. At least I sure do! I spent quite a bit of time putting little touches into our wedding day details. I'm sharing them with you today on Style Me Pretty and right here:)



Linens are something every wedding usually has (unless you've been graced with those beautiful farm tables, not requiring a linen!) You can go the simple route and get plain white or ivory linens, which a lot of venues include in your venue cost. Since our venue doesn't include linens, we decided to get something a little more memorable. Champagne colored linens + navy napkins for a little contrast is what we decided on for our dining table set up. For the reception, we have a few small, round tables by the barn where the dancing is located (extra seating for grandparents or for those who would rather watch than dance!) I decided to use specialty linens for these tables to help dress that area up. We're using beautiful Mrs. Freund & Co.  linens in pink for those tables. The other areas we're getting pretty linens for are our welcome table, where guests will be greeted with lemonade and iced tea, and our guest book table at the reception. Both of these will be the beautiful sequin table cloth in a champagne hue, to tie in with the rest of our color palette. You can see samples of the palette in the photos!




Another little detail I'm excited about is our calligraphy by Graceline. Jenny is creating signage for the day, place cards, and even writing out our vows to be framed for guests to read at the reception. Special touches like these make me swoon. She also did our names in calligraphy for our invitation and save the date from Minted, plus our watercolor floral envelope liner. Since those are the colors in our wedding, the liners will hopefully set the tone for the wedding day! The watercolor pattern will be seen around the wedding, so everything will tie in nicely. 

One of the most fun aspects of our wedding will be our guest book. We have a polaroid camera where guests will be asked to take a picture with the group they came with, print it out, tape in our guest book, and sign right next to it. I can't wait to have this to look at for years to come!

When it came to wedding favors, I was torn. I think favors can be easily forgotten, so we almost didn't do one, but then we came up with something that was meaningful to our story. My fiancé and I met in an apple orchard, then got engaged in the same orchard, so we decided on Apple Raspberry Jam jars. I made a custom label and will tie silk ribbon on each jar. The jam jars will sit on the guest's plates with a sprig of Rosemary from my grandmother's garden. I love that we're incorporating those sprigs from her garden into the wedding!

Finally, we're excited to have not only cake at our wedding, but also an ice cream bar. My favorite dessert is ice cream, so offering this sweet treat (especially on what promises to be a hot day!) will be really fun for us and guests. It's one of our caterer's specialties. 

What details did you incorporate into your wedding day?






Photobucket

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top