How to Transition Your Home to Spring

With it being the first week of Spring and all, it's a great time to talk about transitioning your home for the new season! Here are my tips...


pillows

1. Brighten with pops of color.
You can do this with pillows, rugs, vases, new art, or dishes!


via

2. Introduce different textures.
Maybe you've had chunky, woven throw blankets out all winter. It's time to change up the textures and introduce more sleek, simple looks!


via

3. Spring cleaning!
Perhaps the best advice on how to transition into Spring is getting organized. To do that, I go through my clothes closet and my other closets to either throw out or give away anything I didn't wear or use in the last year. It's so relieving! Sometimes creating 3 piles (keep, trash and give away/donate) is the best way to do that.

Once you get rid of anything you don't absolutely need, I suggest getting nice storage baskets to keep your closets in order! Don't overwhelm yourself by doing too much at once. Focus on one room for one week, and another the next week.


via
4. Pick up Spring flowers and plants for your home.
Here are some of the prettiest spring flowers!
Agapanthus
Amaryllis
Anemone
Birds of Paradise
Cherry blossom
Dahlia
Freesia
Heather
Hyacinth
Orchids
Peony
Rose
Sweet pea
Tulip
Zinnia


5. Outdoor furniture and accessories.
 It's time to embrace the outdoors again! I can't wait to set up my patio furniture again soon, complete with pillows, chairs, and some fun plants and lanterns!




How are you embracing Spring and transitioning YOUR home?
xoxo


Photobucket

1 comment

  1. We're in the process of doing this right now, and I'm always amazed by the difference fresh plants can make!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top