DIY Mason Jar Snow Globe

Happy Tuesday and welcome to the first day of our Christmas Cheer in the Blogosphere link parties. Cassie, from Hi Sugarplum, is hosting today and we're kicking it off with a Christmas Craft.  

For my craft, I decided to recreate the Anthropologie snow globe for MUCH cheaper! 
Let's get started:
 1. Glue gun 2. Mason Jars 3. Fake trees {got mine from the snow city figurine section in Michael's} 4. Fake snow.


Mason Jar Globe #1:
1. Hot glue your fake tree onto the bottom of the mason jar lid.
2. Hot glue a little bit of fake snow to the bottom of the lid so you can't see the lid once the tree is in place.


3. Fill your mason with some snow:

4. Set your lid {with the tree on it!} in your jar and fasten with the mason jar screw-on lid.
5. Add some glitter to the bottom of the jar to make your snow look like it's glistening!

Mason Jar Globe #2
For this one I decided to frost the top and bottom of the mason jar.

1. Tape off the middle section of the jar.  Lightly mist the top and bottom of the jar {the spots that aren't taped} to give it a snow-fall quality:

2. Hot glue the tree to the bottom of the mason jar then fill the jar with fake snow:

After I saw the second version, I realized I liked it with the top painted, so I painted the first one, too! Here are both of the mason jar snow globes finished:
The working snow globe in action!
Here they are sittin' pretty in our window box:


I made both of these snow globes for only $11. Anthro's cheapest one is $25.  I think I win (:
What do you think?!


I'm linking this post to Hi Sugarplum's Christmas Craft Link Party.  I hope you'll join in the fun! I can't wait to see what you've come up with.
Holiday

Here's the rest of the line up for our Holiday Link Parties {click here for more details}


Back for more Holiday Cheer on Thursday for Courtney's Holiday Vignette!
Love,
Photobucket
ps. I'm also linking up with Amanda at Serenity Now and Centsational Girl!

37 comments

  1. I'm so making these! I love them in a mason jar and I like the addition of the glitter!! Everything looks better with glitter. ;) Also - love your nail polish - Essie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! And really quite easy, all things considering! Yay! Enjoying the blogger link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! Don't judge me, but I follow Taylor Swift on twitter and she did something similar!

    So fun and looks easy...I may just have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are so crafty! Love all the decor too!

    I'm linking up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing girl! SO crafty of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just darling. You are one crafty girl. Hope you had a safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are too cute!!! great idea and craft...thanks for linking them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These globes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant idea and SO creative, I love this!! Your blog is absolutely fabulous, so glad to be a new follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Have to Pin it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so cute! Yours turned out amazing!! So excited for this series, you are all so talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snow globes turned out GREAT!!! Love how whimsical they are! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! I tried making some traditional ones with water one year but it was soo hard to keep the bubbles out. Who needs water with these looking so pretty?? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute idea. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so sweet! I've seen this project on Martha Stewart Living for a few years now, and I've always wondered how easy it was.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw these there on the weekend and totally thought of DIYing one!! Fab project!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cute! love this craft!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't get over how precious this is!!! Will definitely be making a few!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I should have known you would think of the Anthro knockoff! LOL We love the same things. I made some too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adore this, but I feel like I've seen it before. : ) Oh wait, someone texted it to me!!! I love getting the scoop beforehand!!

    Oh, and love the nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These have been on my to-do list too. My daughter loves snowglobes and I love mason jars. Yours are so pretty that I must definitely try them now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great! We're going to do a post soon on Christmas crafts so we'll definitely include this one and link back to your lovely blog of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i've been seeing these all over! now i want to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these! I've been seeing them all over and have been dying to try making a few!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this project! it's very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute idea! I have so many mason jars sitting around in storage. :)

    I love the color and font of your blog. :) New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi,

    Really love your idea! But how did you make the mist at the top and bottom of the jar?

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Jeremey: You just lightly spray paint the tops of the jars!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

    Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

    Be Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Michaela! I enjoyed this tutorial so much, I included it in my Top 5 DIY Christmas Gifts post. I made sure to include your name and blog link, but if you would prefer not to be included, let me know! It's at ymorbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. hey!
    i really like this idea and i am thinking about giving it to my mom for Christmas, but i dont know how you made the snow! I would love to know your secret! :) Merry Christmas!!!!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top